I totally forgot that I got tagged late last week by Brenda. Oops. Sorry, Brenda. Time flies when you're as scatterbrained as I am most of the time.
OK, so here's how it goes:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
OK, so in no particular order, here's my Crazy 8 list of random, crazy things about me:
1) I am such a bargain shopper that I have been known to walk from one end of West Edmonton Mall, the world's largest shopping and entertainment complex, and back again to the first store I entered, in order to save a dollar or two. I go into paralysis by analysis mode when it comes to any kind of comparison shopping and oftentimes, I come home empty handed because I always think there's another better deal out there somewhere. Which there is. This explains why we haven't gotten around to doing most of our furniture shopping since moving in.
2) I can't swallow pills, no matter whether they are two tonne horsepills or eensie weensie birth control pills. So I end up chewing them. Most of them taste bitter and gross, so I wouldn't recommend this practice. One time, Holy Hubby got sick of hearing me whine and complain about my awful toothache so he secretly crushed some Tylenol 3's in my chicken noodle soup and didn't confess until after I told him the miracle of how the soup mysteriously took away all my pain.
3) Whenever my husband and I are in an elevator alone together, I always have to kiss him.
This annoys him, because of how obsessive-compulsive I am about it.
4) I'm also obsessive compulsive about picking his belly button and toe lint, and smoothing his extremely-unruly eyebrows. These things annoy him even more than elevator kissing, but what can I say? OCD habits die hard.
5) I have a thing about plastic bubble wrap. I can't just pop one, I have to pop them all.
I once told Holy Hub that he really didn't need to worry about fancy presents and wrapping - all he needs get me for Christmas is bubble wrap. And I mean it. I noticed the other day that Target sells rolls of it. I couldn't resist walking by and squeezing a few. I was just getting into it when my daughter heard the popping and caught me in the act. She yelled very loudly so everyone in the store could hear, so I had to stop. Which really sucked, because I was....on a roll. Sigh.
6) I get mad at my kids if I catch them pronouncing the letter zed as zee. Or asking for a soda instead of a pop. Or referring to runners as sneakers. Or calling something as quintessentially Canadian as a toque, a hat. It's not a hat, it's a toque. And I'm not talking annoyed mad here. I mean I get mad and yell at them for assimilating the way a good immigrant is supposed to. Talk about a crazy Canuck, eh?
7) I am a dentist's worst nightmare. I was recently turned down as a patient at the UW Dentistry office because "I'm not a good potential patient candidate for student dentists." Translation? Patient from hell. I have a bad gag reflex, mostly due to the latex gloves and that disgusting air - God, I hate the drool sucking air that gives me dry mouth and causes me to gag again. I usually need to have sedation dentistry for extensive dental work because I'm so bloody difficult. But the UW doesn't offer sedation dentistry. I've been known to bite dentists and hygienists, and have sent more than a few assistants into a panic when trying to run between the xray machine and my chair to get rear teeth bitewing impressions from me. Suffice to say, the wild animal look in my eyes is enough to scare them. I haven't been to the dentist in 2.5 years.
8) When my kids step on cracks on the sidewalk in my company, I go into fake convulsive pain and pretend as though they've broken my back. It's very animated and must look extremely weird to unsuspecting passerbyers.